After my last post on what I would do to choose a Chiropractor to get rid of my back pain I thought I would do a bit of research to see what I would do if I had got into a car accident and needed a Car Accident Chiropractor
Here’s what I discovered…
When an automobile is stopped and a vehicle behind it can not stop prior to impact, even if the impact is made at low-speed, there is possibly an effect on the body, neck and head of the driver and travelers in the forward, stopped automobile. It is called whiplash, a condition where the effect causes a forward thrust of the body with a delay of the neck and head before they, too, drive forward.
This delay is as a result of the lowered mass of the neck and head compared to the body, and the fact that the neck is a flexible joint in between the body and head. Therefore, while the base of the neck pitches forward with the body, the neck bends and the head wases initially thrown back, then milliseconds later on, is tossed forward, following the whipping action of the body and lower neck.
At the time of the accident, do not assume that if you feel no pain, there will be no discomfort that happens later. Whiplash can occur with a mishap where the trailing car is traveling at less than 10 miles per hour.
The result of whiplash is frequently a gradually increasing sensation of pain, generally in the neck and shoulders. However, depending upon the extent of the accident, the pain may migrate as far as the lower back and it might not be completely apparent for a day approximately after the accident.
If you are involved in a whiplash-inducing mishap, even if you do not feel pain instantly after the mishap, it is a smart idea to make a consultation for an examination with an automobile mishap chiropractic specialist.
Here are some suggestions to prepare for that initial assessment:
– The pain is most likely to be postponed prior to its full impact registers, however it might have come to a head by the time of the assessment. In the meantime, take cautious note of the progress of pain, for how long it takes to establish, how long to its max feeling, where it is felt in general, and where it is most severe.
– Have information from the police report of the accident. Where was your car struck? What was the speed of the trailing automobile? Where you sitting, what was your body position and how was your body located after impact?
– Determine what specific activity, if any, increases the discomfort and if that increased pain endures. How long does it take to dissipate?
– Will your chiropractic specialist use MyoVision to gage muscle stress in your neck, spine and lower back? This will certainly provide a graphic sign of muscle or connective tissue damage even if it does not display discomfort.
– Will follow-up treatments be required? This will usually be the case, however it is best to understand in advance for insurance coverage declares functions what the period and expectation of treatments will be.
No one wishes to consider that an automobile accident is in their future, but it is best to be prepared with the necessities of dealing with any injuries that may result, specifically if there are no evident injuries right away after a mishap.
Here’s some other helpful info